I have a problem with forgetting to be thankful for the little things. I (along with a lot of other people) am just so busy in my day to day lives that I often forget that there are so many things to be thankful for.
1. A good highlighter. I know this is such a random thing to be thankful for, but there is nothing better than a good fluorescent yellow highlighter. I bought a pack of Staedtler highlighters when the semester started, and I am so glad I did! This sounds so much like a PR piece for Staedtler and it's not (where's that sponsorship though) but they are 100% the best highlighters I've used. I consider myself a bit of a highlighter connoisseur and these are by far my favourite! The colours are all so bright and using them makes me feel at least ten times better about myself.
2. It's almost time to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas! I don't love Halloween, I don't hate it but it's by no means my favourite holiday, but The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favourite seasonal (?) films, and knowing we're in the season to watch it makes me so happy!
3. My nails are growing! I had acrylics on all summer, so when I finally took them off my nails has to be cut down, but now they're finally getting longer, which also means I'm now able to paint them pretty fall colours.
4. The sequel to Kill Your Friends comes out on the 4th October. I'm so excited for this book. I absolutely love John Niven (I'm not sure I'm part of his demographic, but he's a really good writer) and he has such a dark sense of humour which I live for.
5. Kina Grannis's cover of Can't Help Falling in Love. This song is definitely up there in my list of all-time favourite songs, and her cover is just ...amazing. If you haven't listened to it, I suggest checking it out.
What are you thankful for this month? Ashleigh xxx